Euphoria has just become the most viewed HBO show, after only Game of Thrones - and is also currently the most tweeted about show too. Do you watch? I think it's incredible in many ways, though it is easy to make fun of. If you've seen any of the 'I forgot I go to Euphoria high' tik toks you'll know what I mean.
If you picked any frame, at any time, you would be in possession of a legitimate piece of art and wouldn't be crazy to want to hang it on your wall.
This isn't a criticism, these adult characters have their own crosses to bear - and are doing what they can. Perhaps this is a just another social comment, this time on the modern latch key kid?
The scenes of him getting spruced up to go and support Lexi's play on opening night couldn't be more precious. There's a lot ahead for Fezco that's for sure and right now, it doesn't look good - but hopefully we'll see the pair come to something solid in the next series. Just as long an neither of them get hurt.
She's clearly treading ground with Nate - behind her best friend Maddy's back - that's been covered before (coercive control, domestic violence) and I don't want to see her go through it. Except she wants it and that unfortunately may seal her fate. I can't wait to see what happens next but Cassie has always seemed to be framed around her relationships with men - it would be amazing to see her taking things just for herself. Fingers crossed.
Maddy's last line to Cassie
Our LifeThis play is everything and how: a) the school allowed it to happen and, b) Lex kept it all secret from everyone is a mystery. Nothing our school or subsequently college has ever produced will ever come close to the highs of the locker room segment. While Nate condemned it as 'homophobic', I think it's one of the greatest TV moments I've ever seen. In contrast it's also at times a beautiful lament on grief and loss, friendship and family life.
Lexi is a playwright for her generation and I am rooting for her all the way.
Rue enjoying the play and her goodbye to Jules
Shout out to Rue's mum and sister, Leslie and Gia.
- Can we have more Faye in Season 3? There's more to her than big lips and booty shorts - and I want to see what she has
- Can we also get more Kat? Kat's scenes were short and sweet, don't me wrong but rumour has it there were issues between Barbie Ferreira and the show's director. Hence her being stiffed on any proper storyline. This needs to be rectified.
- What will become of Fezco? Now Fez is in police custody - what's going to happen? He has a lot to account so we might not see him outside the walls of a prison any time soon. And if this is the case, where does it leave Lexi? Or Lezco? Flexi?
- Will Maddy and Cassie ever mend their friendship? I think no, but stranger things have happened at Euphoria high.
- So what about the drug money Rue owes? Leslie and co flushed Rue's stash and now she owes Laurie (Marsha Kelly) thousands of dollars. What the fuck's she going to do - while still, presumably, trying to stay clean.